Monday, March 9, 2009

"Are there any guys?"

This is the question my mother asks whenever I go to any new activities and/or places where I might meet anyone my age. 
I told her that all the people my age at my (temporary) workplace work in the other groups. She jumped straight to "You should have told them in the interview that you're looking for a mate." A mate. 
No, not someone to eat lunch with, someone to make fun of our co-workers with, a friend, a boyfriend, a fiance or even a husband--a mate. 
And people wonder why I take dating so seriously. I cannot just go get coffee with someone of the opposite sex. I am looking for a mate. Someone to be with forever and with whom I can procreate.* This is a little more difficult.

*This is, of course, according to my mother. Not my real views on dating. I have no problem with coffee (green tea frappaccinos) with someone of the opposite sex.

1 comment:

Tigerville History said...

Oh Georgie. I do love her.