Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jesus in the Minute-Clinic

Once, I saw Jesus at a minute clinic. I saw him in a middle-age, middle-class black lady.

There are a bunch of details that I could go into about how exactly everything went down, but seeing as I was only watching (and eavesdropping in on) the action, I am not sure of all the details. Plus, I tried writing them out and they were just boring that way.

The point is, I saw one woman showing friendship to a complete stranger. She was a true friend in a moment when friendship was needed--she provided empathy, calming words, and practical advice. I don't know if the woman was a Christian, but I really felt that she was showing Jesus to the other woman. 

I thought in that moment of how badly I want to be like that. Usually, I don't do a good job of it. I would love to just help people, especially people in distress, like that woman. To take someone's horrible day, and make it a little better. I need to work on that.

No comments: