Friday, July 2, 2010

Missing

Do you ever have moments when you suddenly miss something/one/place? Maybe you haven't thought about it/them in days, weeks, months, years, but suddenly, you soverymuch wish they were with you, you were there, you could see it.

Tonight, I saw an advertisement for a job in London and my immediate thought was how much I miss England. I really love that place.

Though not as strange or sudden, I have been missing camp a little lately. It is to be expected, I suppose. I'm not beside myself like I (over-dramatically) thought I'd be, but I miss it at little moments. Mostly, I miss the team. That's probably wrong to say; I should say that I miss the kids or the Bible Study or the worship. And I do. But, mostly, I miss the team. I love, love being a part of a team.

I have also been missing my friends. At least, the ones that aren't here. My best is about to be married, and I'm already missing our friendship sans-husbands. Another friend is at camp. Several have moved out of town and state. Some are Californians, currently traveling the globe. A few old friends are here, but we don't see each other much and when we do, it is, ever so tragically, not the same as it used to be, so I miss them too.

I miss college and its simplicity, its community, its focus.

I like missing things. Sure, it's a little melancholy and sad, but it means that I have things to miss. It means that some things/people/places meant, and still mean, a lot to me. And that's just wonderful.

No comments: