Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Things I Like Tuesday: Fall, but not yet

I had planned to write about how much I like fall today, because sometime this week is the first day of fall (I'm not clear on which day, since a friend told me it was today, someone I follow on twitter said it's tomorrow, and my calendar says Thursday). But, it's been around 90 degrees in Nashville this week. Not very fall-like.

So, I decided to try to think of some things I like about hot weather.

I like swimming and that is best done in hot weather. I only went swimming once this summer, though, and that was just between a boat and a tube, so not really. (sorry, that's still kind of negative)

Positive thoughts...

It's nice to be able to wear shorts and skirts without my legs getting cold.

High temps are perfect for ice cream and, as you may know, I am especially fond of ice cream.

I'm generally less pale in the warmer months.

That's all I got. I like the summer, but for mostly for reasons not involving high temperatures. I am looking forward to the weather catching up with the time of year.

No comments: