Wednesday, October 27, 2010

yo, check it

I wrote a rap.

I got into the assignment by accident. See, at work, we have these creative meetings where we plan out sermon illustrations, kids videos, logo designs, and other creative stuff. The particular meeting where I was assigned rap-writing duty was one to discuss creative elements for a sermon series on the Ten Commandments. The pastor said something about the sixth commandment (do not murder) and how he wasn't going to simply preach on physically killing people. I replied, to clarify, "Like, killing in the head?"

Somehow that translated in his mind to "Killin' in da Head"--the perfect title for a rap. Since I was the one to "come up with the title", I was assigned to writing the rap (also probably because everyone thought it would be funny to make me write a rap).

Using this (hilarious) guide, along with this video, I wrote a rap.

Without further ado, "Killin' in da Head":


Performed by Jeff Kelly and Ryan Coatney
Lyrics--Elizabeth Hyndman (2nd verse edits--Ryan Coatney)
Music--John Carroll
Video/Editing--Jeff Kelly

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Wow. I really think that's my only response.

You know what would make this video doubly awesome? Autotune.

Elizabeth said...

The original manuscript called for autotune. Unfortunately, we didn't have that kind of technology.