Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Things I Like Tuesday: Sharpie Pens

Some may say that this entry is no different from the last Tuesday's. School supplies and Sharpie pens, while sold at the same store, are different. Okay, maybe Sharpie pens are school supplies, but they deserve their own Things I Like Tuesday. Because I really like them.

I first found out about Sharpie pens during the summer of '09. One of our camp locations provided us with TVs in our rooms. Since we had been "deprived" of television all summer, these TVs were almost constantly on whenever we were in the rooms (like 20 minutes total throughout the day). There were a lot of commercials for Sharpie pens. The commercial featured someone doodling a coffee cup using a coffee stain. We were intrigued.
Then, I got a job working for Operation Christmas Child as a temp. The Administrative Assistant's pen of choice? Sharpie. After one use, I decided that was also my pen of choice. They write smoothly, have a sharp tip, and don't bleed through the paper.
I especially like doodling with them:

especially during staff meetings.

One word of advice: Don't loan out your Sharpie pens, unless the borrower understands the significance of the loan.

Now, the Sharpie people have come out with a Sharpie Pencil. It writes like a pen, erases like a pencil for three days, then sets permanently. Check it out. Amazing.

No comments: