Friday, August 20, 2010

This is what I did/do instead of taking notes..

A couple of my college "doodles":

It is 9 o'clock.
One rambles on and on,
Two read a newspaper obviously.
One is asleep,
Five absorb nothing as they stare.
One compulsively straightens books and twirls umbrella,
Two decorate college-ruled paper with modern art.
One becomes a poet.


I long to scream, to yell, to sing! I cannot take this claustrophobic boredom. The hands on my watch are moving at sloth-like speed. The doodles on my paper increase as my attention span decreases. How much longer can I hold out before I run, before I scream, before I cry? How good it will feel to sing and to dance and to shout! Only 20 more minutes. I can last, I can make it! I will be free in 20 minutes! How fantastic freedom will feel!
[FYI: I was aware of how dramatic this was]

No comments: