Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Things I Like: Chick-fil-A

I like Chick-fil-A.

I could eat (and have eaten) there 3 times a week, and still enjoy it.
Here's why I like them:
--I like their chicken. The nuggets are my favorite.
--They have waffle fries. Yum.
--Their ice cream is called "icedream" and that is funny. And they let you exchange your kids' meal prize for icedream.
--Cows telling people to eat chickens. Also funny...and slightly morbid for chicken lovers.
--They are closed on Sunday, and, aside from all the Christian implications a move like that has, "absence makes the heart grow fonder."
--The employees are friendly and actually seem to like serving people (which must be difficult to achieve in the fast-food business).
--I don't mind spending money there, because I know it will be used wisely, and to further the kingdom of God through the Cathys' WinShape organization. The organization has branches to help people in all walks of life to grow in their faith. Pretty cool.
--S. Truett Cathy (the founder) is a sweet little old man that has taught 13-year-old boys Sunday School class for 50+ years. Amazing.

If you live in a part of this country that does not have Chick-fil-A yet, I am sorry. I really like it.

No comments: