Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Things I Like Tuesday: my room

I couldn't decide what to write about today, then I realized that I'm sitting here, right inside something I like very much. 
I don't have a whole house, or condo, or apartment to myself yet, but I do have a room. And I like it.
Here are some of the things I like most in it:

These are some travel photos, all taken by yours truly.
The quote in the middle frame is one my roommate sent me when I was in England: 
"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

This is my desk. And my green chair.
I write here and watch lectures and sometimes waste time on facebook and twitter :-)

This is my brain.
My bulletin board hangs above my desk and holds lots of important notes--quotes I don't want to forget, Bible verses that are especially important in my life at this moment, ideas for stories/poems/essays--as well as a few bridesmaids bouquets, some fun stickers, and other memorabilia. Fun fact: I've had that button in the top right corner since I was 2 or 3. It says "A friend loves at all times. Prov 17:17" and was given to me by my best friend at the time.

My friend Jo gave me an invisible bookshelf. I hang my heaviest books on it, the dictionary and thesaurus (also my little rhyming dictionary)...I guess I like the danger it imposes on the helpless mugs below?

My mom bought me this typewriter somewhere one summer. She saw a picture or something of a famous author's house. They had the typewriter that this author used to type all of his books. She wanted me to have one for when I became a famous writer. I told her she could just save my computer. I really like the typewriter for decoration, though. It still reads "Welcome Home Elizabeth" on the top sheet of paper.

These hang above my bed. If I could somehow manage to only have paper lanterns for lighting in my entire house, I would.

No comments: