Saturday, November 13, 2010

what. a. week.

The last seven days of my life, in outline form. [btw, I do know the rules on outlines. I chose not to follow all of them.] You're welcome.

  • At the wedding of my life-long friend, Joanna
    • "Three times a bridesmaid, never a bride" please don't apply to me.
    • My friend's mom told me "Yours [meaning my wedding, though it took a second for me to grasp that] is next year. Are you ready for that?" What?? (<-Which is, literally, what I said to her.)
  • After the wedding
    • I was asked at least twice what I was planning to do with my Master's degree.
      • I surprised myself by knowing the answer
      • That answer was extremely vague
    • Sometimes you just need a friend to tell you you aren't crazy
  • On the way to and from the wedding, I listened to a dramatic reading of Screwtape Letters. I highly recommend both dramatic readings for long car rides and the letters of Screwtape.
  • At work this week:
    • I was asked on Monday to write the intro to the sermon
      • I was actually asked if I could "Script out the sermon." I later found out this meant the intro only.
      • It's about lying. So, if you should ever need an intro for a talk about lying, let me know. There may or may not be a small fee.
    • I made a Justin Bieber wig for a stuffed beaver.
      • Justin Beaver--get it?
      • I tweeted about it
        • I got a Reply Tweet from one @elusivebeaver (whom I do not follow, nor does he/she/it follow me) accusing me of wrongly harassing the beaver population
      • It was kind of a lame attempt at a wig, therefore, no picture
    • I learned what a "gnome sky" looks like
      • It looks like colored tissue paper wadded up and stapled to a wall
      • This is not scientificly proven
    • I spent approximately 20 minutes lodged behind a desk, sitting on a milk crate (because I'm short), with sock puppets on my hands, performing a puppet show with the children's minister.
      • We had to literally slide on our stomachs to get under the desk. The one day I didn't wear jeans this week.
      • Were there kids present? No.
      • This is on film. Well, the puppet show is, not the sliding under a desk part.
    • I went to a website training seminar all day on Thursday
      • It was dumbed-down for church secretaries, so I understood everything.
        • except the conversation between the media minister/graphic designer next to me
          • I think they were making fun of my mac
      • The seminar wasn't boring. 
        • I actually enjoyed learning all the cool stuff we can do with our website
        • I realized that if I actually did all of this cool stuff, I would have no time left in my work week to write scripts for sermons and put on puppet shows in the choir storage closet.
    • All of this somehow falls under the "other tasks as assigned" category on my job description.
  • This is the fourth blog post this week. 
So there you have it--the last seven days in my life.
How was your week? Anything exciting/interesting/completely mundane happen?

No comments: