Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Reads: January 21 Edition

I read a lot of online content.

Some of it is not absolutely wonderful. Some of it is. Sometimes, when I read something, I am amazed to find that someone thinks the same as I do, and expresses it so brilliantly. Sometimes, I read something that I would have never thought of, but is lovely all the same. 
I thought I'd share these reads with you. Every so often, I'm going to post a list of links to the articles/blogposts/whatever that I have read and enjoyed that week/month/time period between these posts. Just for you.
And sometimes there will be videos. 
I decided to post them on Friday, because it's the end of the week, and also because my stats show that y'all like to read stuff on Friday. 


http://tomywife.tumblr.com/
Notes for my future wife. [Not mine, the author's. I'd like a husband thankyouverymuch.] These are sometimes funny, sometimes sweet. Cute idea.

http://www.catalystspace.com/content/read/article_JAN11--asking_the_wrong_question--jon_acuff/
Good article for anyone trying to gain followers/clients/readers/fans. I actually just asked myself this question last week (well, not exactly this question, but the "Why?" question). I wrote down the answer and I was planning to post it next week. So...stay tuned..or something.

http://mcintoshbrett.tumblr.com/post/2860759069/i-am-really-being-challenged-by-twitter-i-joined
This is by my friend Brett. He has a great point and I think it's one everybody should think about. Similar to the article above. Perhaps I'll add a line about twitter in the Why? blog I post next week.

This week's reading list is a little short. Is there anything I missed out on? What did you read/watch/write (that's right, pimp your blog--we won't judge) that was good this week?

No comments: