Monday, January 17, 2011

Prayer Calendar

This is item #25 on my To Do in 2011 list (well, part of it).

this is my prayer calendar

I got the idea for a prayer calendar from my pastor. I suppose that wasn't the first time I had heard of the concept, but it was what made me want to do it.
Mine's pretty simple. I picked one big thing to pray for each day: my church, the nation, my family, missionaries, the Church, my friends, and news/world events. Underneath I wrote out some little prayer points, just in case I get stuck sometime.
This doesn't mean that I can only pray for my church on Monday, or that I can't pray for my church any other day; it's simply a method to focus my prayers and pray for those things that I sometimes forget. I will probably keep a running list of post-its with prayer requests from friends, small group, etc., near the calendar, so I can remember them, too.

Pray continually --1 Thessalonians 5:17

No comments: