Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Card Holder How-To

Remember this?

I know. You have two questions in mind:
1) Does it still look so sad?
2) How on earth can I make one just like it?

I am here to answer both of those questions, right in time for...well, right in time to put it in the attic for next year.

1) It now looks like this:

Thanks to everyone who sent me a Christmas card! 

2) Supplies: Ribbon, Dowel Rods, Clip-thingys, hot glue gun.
This was pretty simple to make. I just cut (well, my dad did) a dowel rod into three pieces of varying lengths. I painted mine because I wanted them to be white, but you could also leave them natural. I made three "branches" (oh, it's supposed to be a tree! yeah..) this year, but if I keep this whole growing-up, making-friends, keeping-in-touch thing, I made need more next year. Then, I glued the "branches" to the ribbon and glued another ribbon of the same length on top of the first ribbon, so it's kind of like a dowel-rod sandwich...kinda. Then, I made a bow with some more ribbon and glued it at the top. I hung mine from the top of the door with fishing line, but you could probably use something else if you so desired. Then, I slid the clip-thingys on and clipped the cards to them. Cheap, easy, useful, and it turned out to be pretty cute once it was filled up!

No comments: