Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Cards

I have recently become aware that I am of the age to be sending Christmas cards. I mean, I've sent Christmas cards before, I think in junior high or high school or something, but I'm talking real, annual Christmas cards. [I actually came to this realization last year, when people began sending Christmas cards to me (and not my family + me), but I didn't realize it until too late to send out my own.]

But this year I am more prepared. I am 25, the time when the world actually considers me an adult, so I am sending out Christmas cards. I probably won't send out very many (let's not get carried away), and despite the trend pointed out to me in the office, mine will not be a picture card (also pointed out to me in the office: the hilarity of a picture card featuring only myself...thanks, guys). So, I bought one 12-pack at Target and then I decided to make a few for my Day 4 7-in-7 project.

I would not recommend this if you are making a ton of cards, but I'm making eight, so it was fun. And two cards took me about 5 minutes to make.

What you'll need:
blank cards, scissors, pencil, stencil, wrapping paper, and some sort of adhesive (not shown). 
This would be a great project for those small scraps of wrapping paper that are oddly shaped or too small to wrap anything in. 
I got my "stencil" off the internet. I googled "Christmas tree stencil" went to images and traced that onto a piece of paper. I suppose you could print it, but my printer takes for-ev-er when warming up, so it was faster to just stick a piece of paper up to my screen and trace it.

Now, all you do is cut the pattern out of the wrapping paper and glue it onto the card. 
It's easy and I think they turned out pretty cute:


Be sure to check back with Mary's blog to see her Day 4 project.

No comments: