Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Seven-Day Creativeness Challenge!

My friend, Mary, and I, we've got a lot in common. We're dreamers. We're creative. We're kind of weird.
Mary and I will sit and have entire conversations about completely fictional situations. The best part is, whereas some people would take those conversations somewhat seriously and think we were crazed-stalkers, or wonder about our sanity, Mary and I understand each other. It's all for fun (though, we would definitely not be opposed to some of those conversations becoming reality).
She's also the person I call/text/email when I have a crazy idea for something to do. It is not unusual for her to receive emails from me with the subject line: "Let's do this." She's usually game.

When I read this article, that is exactly what I did. Oddly enough, Mary had just decided to do something similar on her own blog. We decided to combine forces and thus you have:
The Seven-Day Creativeness Challenge!
Here are the rules:
1. You must do something every day for seven days that constitutes as "creative."
2. You must complete that creative work in the same day you began it. Thus, seven complete creative projects. They may not be fantastic, but they'll be finished (the thing we dreamer/creative people sometimes have trouble with).
3. You must blog about your creative feat (meaning, blog for seven days in a row...this is a challenge). 
4. You must stick to the theme (if there is one), though, thinking outside the box is always, always, encouraged.

The first installment of The Seven-Day Creativeness Challenge begins today.
The theme is: Christmas!

By all means, if you'd like to join in, leave a link to your blog in the comments on mine or Mary's blog. We'll link to it each day.

No comments: