Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Small Observances

  • People who say, "I just don't want the drama" or "I hate drama" usually cause more drama than people who don't say that.
  • Lately, a bag of Maple and Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal is pretty much a staple in my purse...and my book bag (different than a backpack)...and my desk drawer. Good stuff.
  • You know that moment, when you thought you clicked on a link (when really you didn't) and you're just waiting and nothing happens? There should be a term for that.
  • I have to do a spell check every time I have to spell exercise. I have a mental block when it comes to s vs. c vs. z (I often mess up resource when I'm hand-writing things).
  • Sometimes, I edit my sentences as I'm speaking them. Like a second ago, "Is this the hymnals that is...are...in the pews?" and then I was ashamed because that sentence was messed up from the beginning. I would have corrected it, but the question (poorly asked) had already been answered. Then, I felt embarassed. In a land where "I haven't eat yet" is a common sentence, I think my feelings are a little unusual.
  • At least twice at work I have been called a perfectionist. I didn't know I was a perfectionist (though, I suppose that last point may have proved that I am a little bit of a perfectionist).

No comments: